The TPS Foundation is now accepting applications for the organization’s 2018 scholarship program. The foundation offers scholarships to students whether they’re pursuing a traditional post-secondary education or opting for a post-secondary Career Tech certification program. By offering scholarships for use in both settings, the foundation is able to support exemplary graduating seniors no matter which path they choose post-graduation.
TPS board member Gaye Martin stated, “As a TPSF scholarship committee member, I have the privilege to review scholarship applications that show not only the great effort but also some of the personal circumstances TPS students overcome to succeed academically and still have great hope for their future.”
Scholarship Applications Now Available
The TPS Foundation is now accepting applications for scholarships which will be designated in the spring of 2018. Students may locate the application online, and must submit by January 31 at 11:59 p.m. The application has a list of all requirements, including test scores, activity involvement and essay details. Students interested in applying are encouraged to visit the online application as early as they can to begin to review and compile all information needed for the application.
The scholarships are awarded in the amounts of $500, $1,000 and $1,500 to a variety of TPS students. With a long list of scholarships available—all with specific focuses that relate to a variety of students — the foundation urges all graduating seniors to submit an application.
The TPS Foundation scholarship eligibility requirements include the following:
- Being a Toledo Public Schools student with a 2018 graduation date
- Having a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or above, unless otherwise noted by specific scholarship requirements
- The student is seeking post-secondary education at an accredited higher learning institution or a post-secondary Career Tech certification program as a part-time or full-time student
- Participating in extracurricular activities, volunteerism, leadership roles, organizations and/or internships/work programs
- Completing in a timely fashion a quality application, essay and all requested scholarship criteria
The Mission of the TPS Foundation
Offering scholarships to TPS graduating seniors is only one component of the organization’s mission. Our four main objectives also include providing financial support to help enhance TPS facilities, offering support to other TPS high school foundations and advocating for pre-K programs that will benefit future TPS students.