In addition to competitive salaries, Toledo Public Schools also offers a number of excellent benefits to our teachers, including:
- Retirement - Every teacher participates in the Ohio State Teachers Retirement System
- Sick Leave - Teachers are granted 15 sick leave days per year, and employees may receive financial payment for unused sick leave upon retirement
- Personal Leave - Each teacher is annually granted two days without question
- Insurance - Health Insurance, including Group Life, major medical Group Life, Prescription Plan, Dental, Optical, Misc. (Employee-paid Portable Voluntary Life, Cancer, Income Protection), Bloodborne Pathogen Training/Hepatitis B Immunizations, Employee Assistance Program
- Tax Shelter Annuity Programs Available
- Credit Union
- Salary Increments:
- Bachelor's + 15 hours
- Master's degree
- Graduate hours after receipt of the Master's degree, computed at $40 per semester hour after 15 semester hours have been accumulated (not to exceed 60 hours)
- Doctorate degree
Educators are entrusted by the public with the responsibility of providing a high-quality education to every student. Through various roles, these professionals devote themselves to providing a safe and nurturing environment in which all students can learn. In alignment with the Standards for Ohio Educators and the Ohio Academic Content Standards for Students, our state’s educators strive for excellence through high expectations that they hold for themselves and their students. The professional conduct of every educator affects attitudes toward the profession. Educators are trustees of the profession and share with the broader community the responsibility of providing high-quality public education. Aware of the importance of maintaining the confidence and trust of students, parents, colleagues, and the public, Ohio educators maintain the highest degree of professional conduct for themselves and their peers. The Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators serves as the basis for decisions on issues pertaining to licensure that are consistent with applicable law, and provides a guide for conduct in situations that have professional implications for all individuals licensed by the State Board of Education, such as teachers, principals, superintendents, and other persons serving schools (e.g., school nurses, coaches, substitute teachers).
For the Toledo Association of Administrative Personnel (TAAP), the bargaining unit for all administrative personnel in Toledo Public Schools.
Click here for salary schedules effective 1/1/2017: Teacher Salary Schedules
As part of the onboarding process, Toledo Public Schools does require all applicants to go through a screening process prior to hiring which includes a background check (BCI/FBI) and drug screening. A physical may also be required, dependent upon position.
A proper license is also required, dependent upon the position (teaching, paraprofessional, coaching, school counselor, administrative, etc.)
New Hire Page
Once hired, as part of the onboarding process, new employees to the district will be required to complete the following requirements (do not do this unless instructed by the HR Department to do so):
- Drug screening
- This process can be completed at the Public Safety and Security Services Office, 3301 Upton Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43613 during the designated hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. Monday-Friday. The fee associated with the criminal records check can be paid by cash or money order; other forms of payment will not be accepted
- If the FBI and/or BCI records check indicate(s) you have been convicted of a crime and applicable law prohibits your employment, or TPS considers you to be unsatisfactory for employment because of the criminal conviction, you will not be employed
- Drug screening
- Drug screening must be completed at St. Vincent’s Occuhealth, 2213 Cherry St., during the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday; a fee is associated with the drug screen
- The result of such an examination will be used only in accordance with applicable laws; if the drug screening results are unsatisfactory to TPS, you will not be employed
- Official transcripts
- Official transcripts from the institution (s) of higher education which you attended will also be required
- Valid state licensure
- A valid Ohio administrative, teaching, substitute certificate, or be able to obtain one prior to employment
- A valid Ohio certificate can be obtained through the Ohio Department of Education
- Once all requirements are completed and received by Human Resources, you will be contacted to attend new hire orientation.
Anim pariatur cliche reprehenderit, enim eiusmod high life accusamus terry richardson ad squid. 3 wolf moon officia aute, non cupidatat skateboard dolor brunch. Food truck quinoa nesciunt laborum eiusmod. Brunch 3 wolf moon tempor, sunt aliqua put a bird on it squid single-origin coffee nulla assumenda shoreditch et.