Employees of Toledo Public Schools are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the district's core commitments each and every day as they interact with students, parents, colleagues, and the public. Those core commitments are:
- Student-Centered: District-wide decisions and operations will be built around the best interest of students.
- Accountability-Based Management: Maintain an accountability system that will have a direct impact on student growth.
- Building Stronger Relationships: Continue to strengthen and broaden the relationships TPS has with all stakeholders and local organizations while working to establish full community inclusion.
- Technology Oriented: Maintain a technology-based environment that meets the needs of the new digital age, which consists of current and future students.
- Rigorous Curriculum: Continue to research best practices and offer relevant professional development that aligns with 21st century national and state standards, thus ensuring students gain the competitive skills required to succeed in a global economy.
- Develop a Culture of High Expectations: Establish a district-wide climate and belief system that all students, staff, and schools have the ability to achieve EXCELLENCE.
Updated on April 24, 2014