Beginning with the Class of 2018, the Ohio Department of Education is replacing the Ohio Graduation Tests (OGT) with three new pathways to earn a high school diploma in the State of Ohio.
Click here to learn about the options that Ohio is giving to qualify for a diploma. High school students are urged to choose the way that works best for them.
Click here for a PowerPoint presentation from Toledo Public Schools administrators. Note: TPS requires graduating seniors to have 21 credits, including the following:
- English – 4 units/years
- Mathematics – 4 units/years
- Social Studies – 3 units/years
- Science – 3 units/years
- Physical Education - .5unit/2 semesters each counts as ¼ unit
- Health Education – ½ unit- ½ year
- Economic and Financial Literacy – ½ unit- ½ year
- Electives – 5 units/5years
- Fine Arts – 2 semesters