Connecting Kids to Meals has released the dates and locations where meals will be served this summer for students from Toledo Public Schools and others. Please find the list here: Summer Meal Sites
In addition, the City of Toledo announced that free lunch will be served in five city parks from June 1 to Aug. 14 through a partnership with the Children’s Hunger Alliance. Staff members from the alliance will be at the following parks, Monday through Friday:
- Wilson Park, 600 East Oakland St. (underneath the open air shelter), 11 to 11:45 a.m.
- Navarre Park, 1001 White St. (pool house/parking lot), 12:15 to 1 p.m.
- Ottawa Park, 2200 Kenwood Blvd. (underneath open air shelter), 12:15 to 1 p.m.
- Savage Park, 650 Nebraska Ave. (underneath open air shelter), 1:30 to 2:15 p.m.
- Walbridge Park, 2761 Broadway (underneath open air shelter), 2:45 to 3:45 p.m.
Founded in 1970, Children’s Hunger Alliance is a statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to ending childhood hunger in Ohio. The alliance provides healthy meals and snacks to food-insecure children, advocates for legislation to improve the welfare of Ohio’s youngest citizens, and teaches nutrition and physical education to those they serve.
Finally, the city has compiled a list of services affected by COVID-19, along with available resources. Those resources can be found at this link: https://toledo.oh.gov/news/update-from-the-city-of-toledo-mayor/.