TOLEDO EARLY COLLEGE DRESS CODE 2018-2019
Dress code also applies to juniors and seniors when they are in the building
Toledo Early College has adopted the following changes to the dress code for school year 2018-2019.The purpose of the dress code are as follows:
- To enhance school security
- To support the learning environment
- To promote good behavior
- To avoid discipline problems
- To prepare students for the world of work.
Clothing may not disrupt the learning environment.
The following items are NOT appropriate for school and are NOT allowed at Toledo Early College:
- Shirts or dresses without sleeves (spaghetti straps, halter tops, tube tops, tank tops, off the shoulder)
- Shirts which expose cleavage, back or abdomen
- Clothing that exposes undergarments of any kind (bras, camisole straps, undershirt straps, boxers, slips etc.)
- Any jeans with rips or holes that expose skin
- Sweatpants and pajama bottoms
- Shorts, skirts, or dresses that are not knee length
- Flip flops
- Beach shoes
- Sandals without back straps
- Hats/coats/outerwear/gloves etc. must be removed on entering the building
- Students are not allowed to wear clothing with violent language, or hate speech, violent images or pornography, profanity, gang affiliation, or anything that depicts drug or alcohol use
- Hooded sweatshirts are permitted as long as hoods are not worn or does not cover the head.
- Footwear must be worn at all times. For safety considerations, all footwear must be adequately secured to the foot with heels no higher than two inches.
- Shoes that expose the feet or toes are not allowed in science classes.
- Hair curlers/rollers/bonnets/hair picks are not permitted. Sunglasses are not to be worn inside schools/buildings except when prescribed.
- These guidelines are to be followed on all days when school is in session and for school sponsored events where students are actively participating and/or representing Toledo Public Schools.
- The school's administration shall determine the appropriateness of student dress and grooming, acting in the best interests of establishing and maintaining a safe and effective learning environment for the benefit of the school.
- Students who do not comply with the dress code are subject to progressive disciplinary action.The dress code policy pertains to juniors and seniors while they are on the campus of Toledo Early College.