Red Light, Yellow Light, Green Light
- Online instruction with 100% remote attendance
- No students would be in school building
- Students will learn remotely from a certified teacher
- TPS staff members will report to their building as normally scheduled
- The TPS school year will begin September 8, 2020, instead of August 20, 2020
- Device distribution: August 24 - September 4, 2020
- Training sessions at individual buildings for parents and students: August 24 - September 4, 2020.
- Between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., students should expect to spend up to four hours per day focused on instruction with certified staff members
- That time does not include assignments, projects and additional items that may be recorded
- Students must log in daily to Google Classroom for attendance purposes.
- High school students will follow this schedule of live instruction in one-hour blocks:
- Monday and Thursday: Periods 1, 2, 3, 4
- Tuesday and Friday: Periods 5, 6, 7
- Wednesday: Small-group instruction and office hours available for student support
- All TPS grading, reporting and attendance policies will be followed
- Blended model with students on A/B schedule
- Group A attends in-school classes Mondays and Thursdays
- Group B attends in-school classes Tuesdays and Fridays
- On Wednesdays, all students will attend virtual classes
- On Wednesdays, all staff members will report to their buildings
- Online learning will take place with small groups for two hours; teachers will use the remaining time for planning online instruction and Professional Development
- Gifted Services will be offered online
- Early High School Opportunity classes will not be offered except for those students that are subject accelerated and on the Written Acceleration Plan
- Elementary art, music and physical education will be offered on a trimester schedule
- Parents can request A/B attendance at their student’s school buildings from August 10 until August 19, 2020
- Parents will be notified of final A/B schedule August 24, 2020
- To ensure social distancing, it might not be possible to honor all requests
- In the event of Monday holidays, the student attendance calendar will not have a virtual day on Wednesday; instead, the A Group will attend in-school classes on Wednesday and Thursday and the B Group members will attend in-school classes on their regular schedule.
- Normal 5-day in-person operations following recommendations from the CDC and Governor.