TPS Virtual Academy
- Nearly 3,000 people have expressed interest in 100% remote classes for at least part of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Through the online teaching of our dedicated staff, students will still be connected to their home school.
- The TPS Virtual Academy allowing students to distance learn from home will always be available.
- Deadline for registration for TPS Virtual Academy is August 8th. Click here to enroll. (En Espanol)
- Commitment to enroll in TPS Virtual Academy is a minimum of one semester.
- Students should expect to spend up to 4 hours per day focused on instruction with certified staff members.
- Device distribution and trainings will occur August 24 - September 4, 2020.
- Families that choose TPS Virtual Academy will continue in-home learning whether the district moves to Yellow or Green for that semester.
What to Expect from TPS Virtual Academy
- K - 3rd grade: 30 students per class
- 4th - 12th grade: 35 students per class
- Students will receive a chrome device.
- Wi-Fi is available if needed.
- Students and educators will use the Google Platform that includes:
- Google Classroom
- Google Meet
- Google Hangouts
- Educators will use:
- TPS Board Curriculum
- Supplemental Curriculum
- ALEKS Math Program
- Students will have the ability to participate in active extracurricular activities, including athletics.
- Students may qualify for College Credit Plus, if eligible.
- 5-day meal service (pick-up) is available.
- Special Education students can attend online classes. Related services such as speech, occupational and physical therapy will be offered remotely.
- Gifted services may be offered based on enrollment.
- Career Tech courses will not be offered remotely.
Please Note: If a student has previously been signed up for Virtual Academy, but now wishes to remain at their home school (and adhere to Green/Yellow/Red status), simply send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Student(s) First & Last Name(s)
- Note That They Wish To Un-Enroll From Virtual Academy
- Home School
- Email and Phone Contact Information for Follow Up